Blog

Skip to content

What’s Next (You Decide)

Now that FCMS 2.2 is finished, I want to stop and let the user decide what I’ll be focusing on next.  I could work on creating 5-10 new themes or I could work on FCMS 2.3.  Let me know in the comments or on the message board, what you would rather see happen first.

Themes

For the new themes I was thinking about creating about 5 new themes with specific “themes” in mind, something like a Christmas theme or Birthday, that type of thing, then I would create a few more simple basic themes similar to the alpha and beta themes from previous versions.

FCMS 2.3

The major additions in the next release will be a new Family Tree section, and a overhaul to the profile section.  The profile section will include Facebook like status updates, more options like a bio and links to other social media accounts, as well as a complete overhaul of the Ranks functionality.

Be Sociable, Share!

Categories: Feedback.

Comment Feed

9 Responses

1. Hi,

Could you make it into something like this: http://www.cozi.com/

Joe HavagMarch 25, 2010 @ 2:18 pm
  2. Joe – what do you mean like cozi? create a theme like that or are you talking just in general more like that site?

howdyMarch 25, 2010 @ 4:05 pm
  3. Hi,
    I would like to use Family Tree as soon as possible – I think moving to 2.3 would be better. Themes could be added later.

xmecoMarch 26, 2010 @ 7:29 pm
  4. +1 xmeco

moving to 2.3 makes more sense. My family is hungry of new features…

Thanks for the good worK!

chocochrispiMarch 28, 2010 @ 6:08 am
  5. I too agree that the next step is 2.3. The family tree addition has been talked about for some time so it would be good for it to realised as soon as possible.

If you did go with doing 2.3, how long before we could expect the release?

Thanks for the great work.

rohanaleMay 2, 2010 @ 5:07 am
  6. I’ve decided to work on 2.3 first, but it’s going to be a while still before it’s done.

I’d say some time in June at the earliest.

howdyMay 2, 2010 @ 9:55 am
  7. I mean more of the functions that Cozi has. Shopping list (printable), To Do List (printable), better calendar… etc

Joe HavagMay 20, 2010 @ 2:34 am
  8. I will add shopping list and todo list to the list of feature requests.

But what functionality is the calendar missing that you would like to see. Some features may have already been requested or are in the works, here is a list of previously requested calendar features: https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fam-connections/query?status=reopened&status=accepted&status=assigned&status=new&component=Section:%20Calendar

howdyMay 20, 2010 @ 11:19 am
  9. I would love to see the functionality to upload videos.

AlanJune 6, 2010 @ 1:27 pm

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.